• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Space for databases increasing ????

boosterfan

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

the used webspace is increasing day by day. Statistics show it is space for the databases. But in this abo we just have one database with soooo much less space needed than shown in the statistics??? More than 57 GB for database, but the database just shows less 3 GB ??

What can this be??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-04 Statistiken für vergleichen-und-verdienen de - inet2me de.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04 Statistiken für vergleichen-und-verdienen de - inet2me de.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2021-03-04 Datenbanken für vergleichen-und-verdienen de - inet2me de.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04 Datenbanken für vergleichen-und-verdienen de - inet2me de.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
The database size mentioned in the Statistics is the the actual size being consumed to store the whole database on the disk of your server. If you run the command sudo du -h /var/lib/mysql/<database_name> you'll get the same size as shown in the Statistics.

The smaller size displayed with your database is the size only of the (raw)data stored in it. Add some disk fragmentation and the actual disk size of your database becomes significantly higher.

These are some links on this topic you'll maybe find useful to read:

Back