1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spam Filter Settings Bug

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JustinGivens, Feb 21, 2012.

1. JustinGivens

JustinGivens Basic Pleskian

85%
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
    Plesk Panel, 10.4.4 Update #18, CentOS 5.5, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    Logged into the Plesk Administration Panel. Went to Tools & Settings then Spam Filter Settings.

From there, changed "The score that a message must receive to qualify as spam *" from 7.00 to 6.00

Click Okay. Sent a test message to look at the email headers and actual results still showed 7.00 as score.

ACTUAL RESULT
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.7 required=7.0 tests=HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY
    autolearn=no version=3.2.5

EXPECTED RESULT
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.7 required=6.0 tests=HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY
    autolearn=no version=3.2.5

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Since it didn't work. I then tried:
    Code:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
    Sent another test message and no luck. I shouldn't have to go in and re-edit all my email address and set them to 6.0.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. JustinGivens

JustinGivens Basic Pleskian

85%
    Way to fix

If you maintain email support for your clients and want to keep spam down. You will always be evaluating your spam filter score. Thats why I believe this is a bug. Maybe a option to apply to all email addresses when changes the score. Just a suggestion.

Until then you can do this sql query within the PHP My Admin.

Code:
    UPDATE `spamfilter_preferences` SET `value` = <whatever_value_here> WHERE `preference` =  'required_score'
    Then rebuild the Mail configuration with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

3. Christian Schopf

Christian Schopf New Pleskian

35%
    Hi, same Problem here...
    A long time ago Parallels produced good products.... now they suck!
    On a lot of leased dedicated business servers runs Plesk. But they doesnt care. What i shall say Customers? "Oh sorry u re flooded by Vi*gra and Ci*lis Mails, cause Parallels isnt able to implement completely well working third party tools to their software products."? "Oh sorry, your mail account got hacked, because they didnt care about unsecure webmail GUIs which are implemented with v3.x and the developers of the gui plan v5."?

So here a Screenshot.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/spamscorebug.gif/

didnt worked too.

Damn FIX IT!!!