• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Filter Settings Bug

JustinGivens

Basic Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel, 10.4.4 Update #18, CentOS 5.5, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Logged into the Plesk Administration Panel. Went to Tools & Settings then Spam Filter Settings.

From there, changed "The score that a message must receive to qualify as spam *" from 7.00 to 6.00

Click Okay. Sent a test message to look at the email headers and actual results still showed 7.00 as score.

ACTUAL RESULT
X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.7 required=7.0 tests=HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY
autolearn=no version=3.2.5

EXPECTED RESULT
X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.7 required=6.0 tests=HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY
autolearn=no version=3.2.5

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Since it didn't work. I then tried:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
Sent another test message and no luck. I shouldn't have to go in and re-edit all my email address and set them to 6.0.

Last edited:
Way to fix

If you maintain email support for your clients and want to keep spam down. You will always be evaluating your spam filter score. Thats why I believe this is a bug. Maybe a option to apply to all email addresses when changes the score. Just a suggestion.

Until then you can do this sql query within the PHP My Admin.

Code:
UPDATE `spamfilter_preferences` SET `value` = <whatever_value_here> WHERE `preference` =  'required_score'

Then rebuild the Mail configuration with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Hi, same Problem here...
A long time ago Parallels produced good products.... now they suck!
On a lot of leased dedicated business servers runs Plesk. But they doesnt care. What i shall say Customers? "Oh sorry u re flooded by Vi*gra and Ci*lis Mails, cause Parallels isnt able to implement completely well working third party tools to their software products."? "Oh sorry, your mail account got hacked, because they didnt care about unsecure webmail GUIs which are implemented with v3.x and the developers of the gui plan v5."?

So here a Screenshot.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/spamscorebug.gif/

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
didnt worked too.

Damn FIX IT!!!

Back