• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPAM Settings

S

subtype

what do you guys use for spam settings? Do you just use spam assassin or the other things installed with Plesk? I have SA set to delete all spam above 7 after much testing and each user still gets 20-30 a day.

I have some experience, using CentOS.. yes I can ssh in as root and move freely, but I don;t how to do much, but am willing to learn.... I hate spam, it is killing my company email.

Look at http://www.asspsmtp.org this is realy kicking. I am using it for about a year now and now receiving maybe one spam message (assp didn't catch) a week. Very very effective.

I wrote a wiki entry on how to implement it in a plesk environment. Assp runs on win32 and linux (Perl).

Assp is a proxy smtp server, so you don't have to change anything on plesk (just some settings).

CentOS - good - have a look around that site I linked you too. Also that ASSP looks like a decent solution as well. I'm sure you'll find everything you need between these two solutions. If not just combine them.

Luke

I cannot get the ASSP scripts to upload to my server; what am i doing wrong? I am in Mac OSX.

# scp /Users/tim/asspscripts/create_emails.sh [email protected]:/usr/scripts

[email protected]'s password:

/Users/tim/asspscripts/create_emails.sh: No such file or directory

That is the correct path to the files, it is in my Mac Users/tim directory.

Back