• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam whitelist limited to 100 addresses?

R

R2K_

Hi,

I'm trying to add a list of e-mail addresses to a user's spamassassin whitelist.
Pasting more than 100 addresses in the form gives the error: "Warning:_Only 100 first unique e-mail addresses will be added."
After this indeed only 100 addresses from the list are added.
With 100 addresses in the list and trying to add a single new one, the error is the same, but then: "Warning:_Only -1 first unique e-mail addresses will be added.", and no address is added.

Seems there is a limit of 100 addresses built into plesk? If think this limit wasn't in Plesk 7.5.4.

Any hints how to work around this?

It seems such issue really persists and it appeared after upgrade on version 8.1. As I know there is already bug created and developers should know about it. If I get any news I will let you know.

the whitelist limit is definitely limited to 100 in 8.1. this is a bummer for me. also, in versions prior to 8.1, the whitelist was entered into a textarea box with each whitelist address on a separate line. in the new 8.1, the whitelist are entered in much like you add email addresses in the mail configuration screen. in my migration to 8.1, my whitelist didn't transfer over from the 8.01 to 8.1. I had to add them after the migration. luckily, I had only 98 to add from the old 8.01. Whew! but I'm pretty much locked out of adding any more.

- rg

This is just silly. Why limit it?

I suppose I can use the manual version, but why?

-jsp

I have got some update concerning this situation from SWsoft developers. There is really limit persists for each list - not more than 100 addresses. It was done to limit CPU usage by spamassassin, because by adding several hundreds of mail addresses into one of the lists user can decrease server performance. Or user can advisedly, add a lot of addresses into list, send a lot of mails and all server will be very slow.
In Plesk CP user can see how many addresses he can add into list(100 minus already added quantity of addresses). If before upgrade to 8.1 (this limit doesn't exists in earlier version) there were added more than 100 addresses user will see negative number.
Right now developers are thinking about the compromise how to resolve this situation because it is not suggested to remove this limit, because of the reasons explained upper. It was suggested to give admin permission to set general quantity of possible addresses which could be added.

What this for a ****? Limit for the CPU? Its my Problem when i habe 100 or 1000 Domains in Blacklist! Please make a Update how ever the Person can make the limit by self!

Back