• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spam

M

manas111

Hello ,

We are receiving a lot of spam after relaoding plesk . I have set the catchall for one of the domain to reject .Still it is not rejecting the spam mail . The user is still getting spam from other domains

Any ideas.

with regard ,
manas (newbie.)

The spam assasin doesn't seem to work to well for me I receive tons of spam.

Please remember that just having a spam filter module installed will not make *all* spam go away. The questions which come to mind are:

1. What specific settings for SA do you have set? (this relies on the answer to question 5 below)

2. Have you verified that SA is running? (ps -ax |grep 'spamd')
[you should see a line with /usr/bin/spamd -u popuser -d -m 5 -x ... ]

3. Verify some of the .qmail files to make sure they have a pipe to the /usr/bin/spamc -f -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock | /usr/bin/maildir ./Maildir/

(the hidden .qmail files will be in the folder /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/username

4. Did you use the Updater to install the SPAMblocker for Qmail daemon module?

5. Did you purchase the Plesk license for the SpamAssassin module, if not, then you will have no control over SA and you may as well use one of the options below.

From what I have seen with the Plesk version of SA, it is *not* the same as either the full version of SA, or other implementations such as 4PSAs SpamGuardian product, or ARTs ProjectGamera and related modules.

If the Plesk version is not working for you, then you may be better off removing the Plesk version and using either ARTs stuff or 4PSAs stuff.

How do i upgrade the spamblocker for the qmail deamon module. Please let me know as it was running but it seems it is not upgraded properly .Following is the result of the ps command:-

ps -ax |grep 'spamd'
30744 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/spamd -d -u qmailq -q -x -c -H /var/qmail
30761 ? S 0:00 spamd child
30762 ? S 0:00 spamd child
30763 ? S 0:00 spamd child
30764 ? S 0:00 spamd child
30765 ? S 0:00 spamd child
15066 pts/2 S 0:00 grep spamd

Also how do i add the pipe command to .qmail file or do i have to change the setting for the spamassassin conf file ?

As far as I can tell, what they are calling SpamBlocker is the Qmail-rblsmtpd module. The updater downloads it and puts it into the ~/PSA_7.5.3/rpm_<osversion>/opt folder. The file is psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-<osverion>.build75050506.13.i586.rpm

Replace <osversion> with your OS designator....

or do 'locate psa-qmail-rblsmtpd' to find the file.

You can reinstall it using rpm.

To edit the .qmail files which are kept in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/username

you can use your editor of choice.

Limited SPAM

Hi All,

I have been using 4PSA Spam Guardian for quite some time now with great success! With Spam Guardian you can limit the number of spam messages & time related to managing them. Spam control can be enabled on a domain and/or mailbox. You can manage spam settings on a per mailbox basis!! Spam Guardian also offers some cool stats that are very informative!

I currently have more that 10, 000 emails trained as SPAM.
Many of my clients are constantly commenting on decrease of SPAM on a month to month basis.

:D

Back