• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassasin doesn't work for email alias

D

damon

On 9.01 on an email with Spamassasin set, emails addressed to the alias is not scanned, so lots of spam getting through. The main email is scanned properly and has the SA headers, but email addressed to the alias doesn't have the headers.

No one else is seeing this problem?

Spam is really ruining my day since most domains have webmaster and postmaster (and others) setup as alias's. Now all the spam email that get addressed to those flow on through with no spam check.

Wow, these forums are really dead since the change to moderated posts.

Or am I really the only one with the email alias problem? I've seen a couple of posts about problems with domain alias, maybe these are related bugs?

Did you ever manage to get this back working?
Kr,
Bram

I never got any answer, no support here at all.

On the Spamassassin support site it is evident that SA doesn't look at email alias. Something changed between 8.6 and 9.0 plesk on how they handled alias. Because it used to work and now it doesn't.

I had to change all the alias emails to redirects. Redirects (email forwards) are checked by SA while alias emails are not. This needs to be added to the plesk FAQ and docs, but since no one from P cares, it probably won't be.

I suspect it was changed because redirects count as email accounts, while aliases don't, so they make more money on licenses

i had a ticket on this in the past.

the answer was:

problem with spam handlers not created for mail aliases has been solved in 9.0.1. However, 'mchk' utility was not -- it does not restore spam handlers for mail aliases. I have reported this problem to Parallels Plesk developers.

As for now I have created required handlers for all mail aliases with this command:

ally:/opt/psa/handlers/before-local/recipient# echo "select concat(ma.alias,'@',d.name) from mail mn, mail_aliases ma, domains d where ma.mn_id=mn.id and mn.dom_id=d.id and mn.spamfilter='true' and d.status=0" | mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -Ns -Dpsa | while read al ; do [ ! -f $al/*spam* ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --add-handler --handler-name=spam --handler-type=recipient --handler-type-name=$al --executable=/opt/psa/handlers/hooks/spam --context=spam --hook=before-local --priority=10 ; done

Please check and let us know if you have any further questions.

i am on debian paths maybe differ on other os ...

Back