• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Spamassasin Upgrade Takes Forever

D

Damin

Hello,
I have recently gone through a marathon session, updating a PLESK 7.5.4 box running on Centos to PLESK 8.0.1. What makes this particular installation unique is that our customer has setup over 15,000 E-mail addresses on the box. As a result, when the Spamassasin RPM is installed, it takes about 6 hours to complete. Specifically, I keep getting errors such as:

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /var/qmail/mailnames/email.users.com/agarcia07/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Anyone have any idea how to correct this issue?

Free I-nodes is seldom an issue with current systems with large disks, but have you checked this (df -i) ?

Yep. Plenty of free inodes!

[root@mail root]# df -i
Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 14385152 948129 13437023 7% /
none 257318 1 257317 1% /dev/shm

Back