1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Bayes error messages when updating

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ashopandreas, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. ashopandreas

    ashopandreas Guest

    0
     
    When I updated from 7.5.4 to 8 using the auto installer, I got a lot of error messages like this one:

    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /var/qmail/mailnames/adomain.com/mailname/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

    I got one of these for each mailbox on the machine.

    The update still continued and everything seems to work but I'm worried that there might be something wrong that I haven't discovered yet. Does anyone know what this error message means and if something needs to be fixed?
     
  2. jahsh420

    jahsh420 Guest

    0
     
    We are getting the same errors, not sure if anything is wrong yet though. Did you find anything out?
     
  3. Traged1

    Traged1 Guest

    0
     
    We also are getting this error after the upgrade any idea's?
     
  4. Traged1

    Traged1 Guest

    0
     
    Ok I think I figuired it out.

    To solve this issue, you need to remove the bayes files from the previous version of spamassassin and then rebuild the email addresses using the follwoing commands:

    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/bayes_toks
    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/auto-whitelist
    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/auto-whitelist.lock
    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/bayes_seen
    rm -R -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/.spamassassin
    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/user_prefs
    rm -f /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/spamcheck*

    /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk --with-spam
     
  5. zymsys

    zymsys Guest

    0
     
    This seemed to fix it for me. YMMV.
    Code:
    find /var/qmail/mailnames -name bayes_toks -exec chown popuser.popuser {} \;
    
    The problem was that the bases_toks files had changed ownership to root.root.
     
Loading...