• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Spamassasin without Powerpack?

P

Peach@

My VPS doesn't have Powerpack installed. I noticed, though, that spamd is running. When I go to Virtuozzo, I see that plesk8-spamassassin is installed. However, Spamassassin is grayed out in Plesk because I don't have Powerpack.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to configure it manually. Or is it only partially installed? If anyone has done it already, I would like to hear about it.
Thanks!

Your provider can order only the spam assassin addon ($49 i think), then the rest of the power pack stuff won't be there.

I hope this helps.

You *HAVE* spamassassin, the powerpack is an addon for plesk.

You can still configure spamassassin from a shell :)

Thanks, luribe. That's what I wanted to hear! :) I'll try to configure it manually.

I'm now ready to work on my spamassassin configuration :)

Could someone post your .procmailrc and .qmail for a user, please? I must be doing something wrong because mails get queued up when I modify them.

Thanks!

I have been trying to set it up manually for a couple hours and cannot get it to work. I have been trying the QMAILQUEUE patch method and the "rename /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue and replace it with your own script" method. Neither of those worked.

I did get it to work via .qmail - just put this one line in your .qmail file and comment out/delete the rest:

|/usr/bin/spamc | /usr/local/bin/maildir ./Maildir/

This will require you to have the "maildir" program installed which is part of "safecat"

You can get safecat like this:

wget http://jeenyus.net/~budney/linux/software/safecat/safecat-1.13.tar.gz

(if you don't have wget type: yum install wget)

then type this:

tar -zvf safecat-1.13.tar.gz
cd safecat-1.13
make setup check

Done!

I'll try qmail-scanner tonight.

You mean as a replacement for the RPM --import?

EDIT: I took a look at the script - does your Atomic RPM just add the Yum sources to /etc/yum.d/ or something?

Does it do anything else besides configure Yum?

Looks cool - thanks for the great work!

Right now it just downloads/installs the key and atomic-release rpm. Once I get my hands on some VPS's to play around with I'll have it check to make sure yum is installed and configured correctly.

Eventually I think I might even combine this with the OS installer (AOOI) to rebuild the entire box if the end user so desires.

Cool - what does the atomic release RPM do? I'm just wondering because I don't have it installed on my servers, but I am using qmail-scanner and stuff.

Ok - I've updated my post and given you props as the "all powerful Atomic Rocket Turtle" :D.

Do you know how to disable password complexity checking in Plesk 8 and/or install MySQL 5 on FC4/Plesk8?

Maybe I can figure out how Plesk checks passwords (maybe it uses an external script or something that I can replace with /bin/true :p)

Also, is DrWeb incompatible with qmail-scanner because of the DrWeb version of /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue ?

1st question, nope. Unless you mean the mail stuff, I think thats under the mail settings

And yes, drweb used the same trick I do, by creating a wrapper around qmail-queue. The wrapper I'm using is from qmail-scanner's contrib dir.

Thanks guys! I will try qmail-scanner as soon as I can back up my server in Virtuozzo (it stopped working for some reason after I rebooted my VPS) :(

I just test it on my plesk installation. It is just a fresh install of CentOS 4.4 with Plesk 8.1 (auto installer). I will let you all know how this works on a production server once I have my license installed. I am trying to get a cheap 30 external leased license key. :p Anyone know where can I lease it?

I tried to write the steps of simscan installation here but my post was over 10000 characters and I am too lazy to edit that. So I put it on my site.

http://www.ridwan.net/plesk8.1+simscan.html

This is my experiment on my test box! But soon I will try it on my production server. I put it here to get other opinions about this Plesk and Simscan things. Please comment and correct me if I did something wrong. :D

Thanks!

Back