• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassasin without Powerpack?

P

Peach@

My VPS doesn't have Powerpack installed. I noticed, though, that spamd is running. When I go to Virtuozzo, I see that plesk8-spamassassin is installed. However, Spamassassin is grayed out in Plesk because I don't have Powerpack.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to configure it manually. Or is it only partially installed? If anyone has done it already, I would like to hear about it.
Thanks!

Your provider can order only the spam assassin addon ($49 i think), then the rest of the power pack stuff won't be there.

I hope this helps.

You *HAVE* spamassassin, the powerpack is an addon for plesk.

You can still configure spamassassin from a shell :)

Thanks, luribe. That's what I wanted to hear! :) I'll try to configure it manually.

I'm now ready to work on my spamassassin configuration :)

Could someone post your .procmailrc and .qmail for a user, please? I must be doing something wrong because mails get queued up when I modify them.

Thanks!

I have been trying to set it up manually for a couple hours and cannot get it to work. I have been trying the QMAILQUEUE patch method and the "rename /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue and replace it with your own script" method. Neither of those worked.

I did get it to work via .qmail - just put this one line in your .qmail file and comment out/delete the rest:

|/usr/bin/spamc | /usr/local/bin/maildir ./Maildir/

This will require you to have the "maildir" program installed which is part of "safecat"

You can get safecat like this:

wget http://jeenyus.net/~budney/linux/software/safecat/safecat-1.13.tar.gz

(if you don't have wget type: yum install wget)

then type this:

tar -zvf safecat-1.13.tar.gz
cd safecat-1.13
make setup check

Done!

I'll try qmail-scanner tonight.

You mean as a replacement for the RPM --import?

EDIT: I took a look at the script - does your Atomic RPM just add the Yum sources to /etc/yum.d/ or something?

Does it do anything else besides configure Yum?

Looks cool - thanks for the great work!

Right now it just downloads/installs the key and atomic-release rpm. Once I get my hands on some VPS's to play around with I'll have it check to make sure yum is installed and configured correctly.

Eventually I think I might even combine this with the OS installer (AOOI) to rebuild the entire box if the end user so desires.

Cool - what does the atomic release RPM do? I'm just wondering because I don't have it installed on my servers, but I am using qmail-scanner and stuff.

Ok - I've updated my post and given you props as the "all powerful Atomic Rocket Turtle" :D.

Do you know how to disable password complexity checking in Plesk 8 and/or install MySQL 5 on FC4/Plesk8?

Maybe I can figure out how Plesk checks passwords (maybe it uses an external script or something that I can replace with /bin/true :p)

Also, is DrWeb incompatible with qmail-scanner because of the DrWeb version of /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue ?

1st question, nope. Unless you mean the mail stuff, I think thats under the mail settings

And yes, drweb used the same trick I do, by creating a wrapper around qmail-queue. The wrapper I'm using is from qmail-scanner's contrib dir.

Thanks guys! I will try qmail-scanner as soon as I can back up my server in Virtuozzo (it stopped working for some reason after I rebooted my VPS) :(

I just test it on my plesk installation. It is just a fresh install of CentOS 4.4 with Plesk 8.1 (auto installer). I will let you all know how this works on a production server once I have my license installed. I am trying to get a cheap 30 external leased license key. :p Anyone know where can I lease it?

I tried to write the steps of simscan installation here but my post was over 10000 characters and I am too lazy to edit that. So I put it on my site.

http://www.ridwan.net/plesk8.1+simscan.html

This is my experiment on my test box! But soon I will try it on my production server. I put it here to get other opinions about this Plesk and Simscan things. Please comment and correct me if I did something wrong. :D

Thanks!

Back