• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssassin 3.1 Support?

A

acidbox

Does anyone know if Plesk 7.5.4 has SpamAssassin 3.1 support? We're currently running 3.0.4 with no issues, but want to make sure 3.1 has been tested and works before doing the upgrade.

Thanks!

Did you ever get a response back about this? Near as I can figure, they support 3.1.0 but they don't provide the rpms or the upgrade.

I'd really like to upgrade to 3.1.0 as I'm at 2.6.3 right now. If you find out anything, could you email me?

I'm running 3.0.4 right now. You can use that by just downloading the regular SpamAssassin files and installing them. Plesk uses the standard install.

Where is that download? I checked the apache site and it has instructions for how to build an RPM but I tried that with no success. I'm hoping you have another link for me to try.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun

Originally posted by mtsu287
Where is that download? I checked the apache site and it has instructions for how to build an RPM but I tried that with no success. I'm hoping you have another link for me to try.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun

I can only speak from experience of installing spamassassin 3.1 on one fc3/7.5.4 box but it works 99.9% perfectly.

I got the file from http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/dis...Fedora/RPMS/spamassassin-3.1.0-1.fc5.i386.rpm
(mirror) but others are available elsewhere. The benefit of this RPM is that its from the same maintainer as the regular plesk 7.5.4 spamassassin 3.04 rpm. This means all the file locations are the same. After downloading just

rpm -Uvh spamassassin-3.1.0-1.fc5.i386.rpm

Personally for maximum piece of mind I compile the RPM on my local box just to make sure things will be ok.

I do this with the source rpm.

(I know that this RPM is for fedora core 5 but it installs for me with no problems on the fecora core 3)

Then

rpmbuild --rebuild spamassassin-3.1.0-1.fc5.src.rpm

and after that compiles I install it with

rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/spamassassin-3.1.0-1.fc5.i386.rpm

The only niggle is that I get an occasional error in my logs.

Nov 1 10:57:12 p15195597 spamd[26002]: spamd: bad protocol: header error: (closed before headers) at /usr/bin/spamd line 1674.
which may or may not have been happening before i upgraded,

remember to backup the contents of your /etc/mail/spamassassin just in case you customised your old install. Afterwards I usually add a few rules with "Rules De Jour".

That should be it. :D

how do i upgrade using up2date?

Hi Atomic...I am using ur channels for up2date. and it shows me spamassassin version 3.1 available for download for Plesk 7.5.4 on RHEL3.

What precautions need to be taken to upgrade this?

Or is it as simple as up2date -u spamassassin?

Awaiting your advice.

Thx in advance
Parag.

Back