• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin and psa Spamassassin

P

pau08gt

i want know the follow
1.- If i have install the Spamassassin 2.63 i can install the psa-spamassassin 3.x, what i need for do that.

2.- should i install spamassassin 3.x or psa-Spamassassin 3.x.

if any can help and write a guide step by step how upgrade or what do with psa-Spamassassin.

--------------------

and if i enable the MAPS, what hapend ? there is any problem with Spam Guardian or Spamassassin?

thanks again...

psa-spamassassin enables you to administer spamassassin from with the control panel. You always need the real spamassasin rpm to work with. I would recommend the spamassassin 3.x version, cos the tests are better (RBLS-support).

Instead of the psa-spamassassin you can also use 4PSA's Spamguardian (works better I think).

Whatever you choose you can also enable MAPS. MAPS will block certain domains to deliver mail to your server. These MAPS lists are usually also available as RBLS-tests in Spamassassin. It is just a choice for you if you want to block certain domains for all your users or let the do it themselves within spamassassin.

configure spamassassin

hello i did the follow for upgrade the spamassassin
1.- i download the 3 programs from http://www.4psa.com/software/index.php
and
2.- run rpm -Uvh name_file in the command line
3.- but i had some conflict when run the perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm then i run
rpm -Uvh perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm spamassassin-3.0.4-1.i386.rpm
and only have the next

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:perl-Mail-SpamAssassin warning: /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf created as /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.rpmnew
########################################### [ 50%]
2:spamassassin warning: /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin created as /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin.rpmnew
########################################### [100%] Shutting down spamd: [ OK ] Starting spamd: [ OK ]

now i want to configure the spamassasin, i go to mailbox but in the tag of spamassassin is disabled and i can´t change to active.
if any know how to fix this problem please anser this post and how configure the spamassasin for it work very good and how to activate the learning option of spamassassin for ham asn spam and how this works.

I have no problems using SA 3.1.0 but I used the ART file to upgrade via Yum

If you used RPMs to upgrade SA then you likely broke Plesk's access to it. Uninstall the RPM and then use Plesk to reinstall. Use Yum to upgrade to 3.1.0 and it should work fine. At least I've not had any issues with it having gone that route.

spam messages

i have problem since i upgrate spamassasin to 3.0.4, now i am receiving a lot answer of messages of mail delivery system, subsystem, etc.., the account that sent the message was [email protected] but that mail account in the my domain tu3w.net does not exist.
I want to know what I can do or what I must configure to avoid those disadvantages.

the options of message have:

Return-Path: <>
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 18194 invoked by uid 110); 29 Mar 2006 09:11:18 -0500
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 18192 invoked from network); 29 Mar 2006 09:11:17 -0500
Received: from mx21.fujixerox.co.jp (192.26.96.21)
by server2.tu3w.net with SMTP; 29 Mar 2006 09:11:17 -0500
Received: from isvw21.fujixerox.co.jp ([129.249.27.141])
by mx21.fujixerox.co.jp with ESMTP id k2TEBXQY003182
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:11:33 +0900 (JST)
Received: from ms10-fb.fujixerox.co.jp (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by isvw21.fujixerox.co.jp with ESMTP id k2TEBXVc025275
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:11:33 +0900 (JST)
Received: from localhost (localhost)
by ms10-fb.fujixerox.co.jp id k2TDuUFG007341;
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:11:33 +0900 (JST)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:11:33 +0900 (JST)
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status;
boundary="k2TDuUFG007341.1143641493/ms10-fb.fujixerox.co.jp"
Subject: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (warning-timeout)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.4 (2005-06-05) on server2.tu3w.net
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.6 required=10.0 tests=BIZ_TLD,HTML_30_40,
HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=no version=3.0.4

and how can i test if spamassassin is work fine

modules for spamassassin

i run in the command lines :
#spamassassin --lint
and in the result i had the follow
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: clear_spamtrap_template
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap Subject: this address is no longer available
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap [this message has been automatically generated]
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap Please note that this address is no longer in use, and nowadays
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap receives nothing but unsolicited commercial mail. Accordingly,
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap any mail sent to it is added to several spam-tracking databases,
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap then automatically deleted.
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap If you genuinely want to contact the owner of the address, please
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap re-check your contact lists, or search the web, to find their
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap current e-mail address.
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap The mail you sent is reproduced in full below, for resending to
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap the correct address. Sorry for the inconvenience!
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: spamtrap [-- Signed: the SpamAssassin mail filter]
Net::DNS version is 0.31, but need 0.34dnsavailable-1 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 1230.
lint: 18 issues detected. please rerun with debug enabled for more information.

and when i write #spamassassin -D --lint
debug: diag: module not installed: Net::LDAP ('require' failed)
debug: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent ('require' failed)
i need know if i have to install this modules and how do, and where i can get this modules.

Back