1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

spamassassin error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by wharfratjoe, Dec 6, 2005.

1. wharfratjoe

wharfratjoe Guest

Is there something i need to configure to stop this error from showing up in the Application Event Viewer in Windows:

SpamC.FilterException: Invalid CHECK result.
    at SpamAssassinService.FilterThread.filterMessage(String fileName, String mailName, Boolean checkOnly, Boolean userOnly, SpamResult& spam)
    at SpamAssassinService.FilterThread.threadProc()

2. darkon1365

darkon1365 Guest

I am also looking for information on this error as I am seeing this often at this time. Any updates on this will greatly be appreciated.

3. havesolutions

havesolutions Guest

SPAM Assassin is randomly shutting my mail server down, I finally had to disable it.

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

I get around a dozen of these about the time all mail ceases coming through the mail server.

4. drkramer

drkramer Guest

I don't know what the problem is, but a solution is to uninstall SA and then reinstall it. This way, I was able to stop these errors and the hanging of the smtp server.

The version of SA is still so old I have tons of SPAM anyway - a better fix would be that SWSoft updates their conglomeration of add-ons more frequently.

5. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Spam filtering mechanizm is already improved in Plesk 7.6. It will come soon.