• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue SpamAssassin is trying to deliver SPAM msg to INBOX.Spam instead .Spam

ProDC

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have default imap (dovecot) configuration, but SpamAssassin is trying to deliver SPAM msg to INBOX.Spam with error:

save failed to open mailbox INBOX.Spam: Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX.Spam

Default Spam folder is .Spam and I would like to deliver SPAM msg to this folder. How can I fix this issue?

BR.

I think that you have nothing in the output of the command:

# doveadm mailbox list -u [email protected] | grep -i Spam

Try to create a missing folder with the command:

# doveadm mailbox create -u [email protected] INBOX.Spam

and check results after that.

Ok, is it possible to change this to .Spam which is default for example for Roundcube and others email client?

I can't understand the problem. On my personal Plesk mailbox I see

# doveadm mailbox list -u [email protected] | grep -i Spam
INBOX.Spam

And in all mail clients and in Roundcube I see Spam folder in the root but not in INBOX. What is wrong here?

That's the problem. By default I have in doveadm:

# doveadm mailbox list -u me@domain.com | grep -i Spam
Spam

(not INBOX.Spam, I didn't change this setting.) and in all mail clients and in Roundcube I see Spam folder in the root but not in INBOX also.
But SpamAssassin is trying to deliver SPAM msg to INBOX.Spam.
I think that these settings should be the same.

In this issue the best way is to change default Spam folder for delivering msg by SA, isn't it?

PS. I have Ubuntu.

I can only recommend creating a request to support team to do the in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to Plesk support.

Back