• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spamassassin not filtering emails

Silver Pleskian
I had an issue where my mail not not quite right, so I rpm on the qmail and mail packages (reinstalled).

This fixed my empty subjects and senders :)

But now my incoming mail is not screened by spamassassin.

I have set on server spoamassassin to off and saved and then back on and saved in a hope to refresh the config files.

What is weird in training in spamassassin you can still see the good / bad totals but all the mail there is not ticked its just grey and unprocessed.

Does anyone know how to fix? Meantime I hope the server wide spamassassin off and on fixes.

Thanks!

Edit - nope I even removed psa-spamassassin and let installer put it back.

Yes, it's weird. I had to manually restart the SpamAssasin Service after I started getting tonnes of spam messages

SPAMD is not even called

i have installed the spf fix, but i'm sure mails don't get scanned properly as i can not see any spamassassin or spf headers in received mails nor any (custom) spamd entries in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

rebuilding settings with mchk utility did not help, all mail get through without being handled by plesk handlers.

EDIT:
the problem was caused by wrong binaries,ownerships and permissions inside /var/qmail/bin. maybe this was my fault because i forced a reinstall of psa-qmail package.
by inspecting all files and settings on a similar server i got plesk mailhandling back to work.

and yes the patched spf hook file corrects the problem with the mail headers, but /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog shows SPF errors, even for domains with existing SPF Records:

spf filter[23968]: Starting spf filter...
spf filter[23968]: Error code: (2) Could not find a valid SPF record
spf filter[23968]: Failed to query guess rules: Could not find a valid SPF record near 'a/24 mx/24 p'
spf filter[23968]: SPF result: neutral
spf filter[23968]: SPF status: PASS

i have installed the spf fix, but i'm sure mails don't get scanned properly as i can not see any spamassassin or spf headers in received mails nor any (custom) spamd entries in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

rebuilding settings with mchk utility did not help, all mail get through without being handled by plesk handlers.

Hi

Unfortunately we have not checked this as we dont use SpamAssassin at this time, but would be interesting to know if others believe it did or did not work

Thanks
Terry

Back