1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassassin server config

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ssuehr, Feb 25, 2006.

1. ssuehr

ssuehr Guest

How do I get the SWsoft spamassassin package to honor a site wide config? What directory should it be stored in in order for it to be "seen" by the spamd that Plesk uses? It seems like if I were to be able to specify a site-config option to one of the spamd's that I could tell it to use the local.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin. Also, where should a given user's user_prefs file be stored so it will be read by the Plesk spamassassin?

Here's some background:

I've been working with psa-spamassassin on a RHEL 3 box for a couple days trying to get it to honor a site wide configuration. I have the site wide config in /etc/mail/spamassassin and spamassassin -D --lint reveals it to be syntactically fine. When sending mail into an account on the server the mail is not marked as spam.

What has me confused is that if I switch a given user's .qmail file to use spamd_light.sock, then a sample e-mail is marked as spam and seems to use razor2 and other things that I have installed. However, when using spamd_full.sock that same user receives that same test message not marked as spam. The spamd that has started with spamd_light.sock points its site-config to /dev/null yet uses razor2, though not pyzor which is also installed.

Confused.

2. Ipcompany

Ipcompany Guest

Hello,try to review th permisions of the file /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc

must be root : psaadm and -rwx-r-x-r-x