• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin server config

S

ssuehr

How do I get the SWsoft spamassassin package to honor a site wide config? What directory should it be stored in in order for it to be "seen" by the spamd that Plesk uses? It seems like if I were to be able to specify a site-config option to one of the spamd's that I could tell it to use the local.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin. Also, where should a given user's user_prefs file be stored so it will be read by the Plesk spamassassin?

Here's some background:

I've been working with psa-spamassassin on a RHEL 3 box for a couple days trying to get it to honor a site wide configuration. I have the site wide config in /etc/mail/spamassassin and spamassassin -D --lint reveals it to be syntactically fine. When sending mail into an account on the server the mail is not marked as spam.

What has me confused is that if I switch a given user's .qmail file to use spamd_light.sock, then a sample e-mail is marked as spam and seems to use razor2 and other things that I have installed. However, when using spamd_full.sock that same user receives that same test message not marked as spam. The spamd that has started with spamd_light.sock points its site-config to /dev/null yet uses razor2, though not pyzor which is also installed.

Confused.

Hello,try to review th permisions of the file /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc

must be root : psaadm and -rwx-r-x-r-x

Back