• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssassin + SmarterMail?

O

OhMyGoshJosh

What is the relationship between SpamAssassin and SmarterMail? I'm currently running Plesk 7.5.1 for Windows with SmarterMail, and I recently isntalled SpamAssassin, but I can't really figure out how one relates to the other.

When I login to the main Plesk interface, I can control the SpamAssassin settings, but I can really only access most of the SmarterMail settings by going to http://localhost:9998 and then logging in as admin.

When I login to the Plesk interface for the "user" (i.e. when your login name is an e-mail address that you setup), I see the Spam button ghosted, and I have no option to turn it on.

Since SmarterMail's admin interface lets you control some spam settings my question is: When you have SmarterMail, does that make SpamAssassin irrelevant? Or do you need SpamAssassin in order to have spam protection with SmarterMail? Please advise, and thanks,

Josh

Back