• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SpamAssassin

DSUK

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I current run a VPS which seems to have got itself a bit confused regarding spamassassin to such a degree that there seems to be 2 installed versions and neither of them are stopping spam. Running the spamassassin msi allows me to uninstall and then reinstall but still no difference. Running sa-update looks like it does something but doesn't update the rules anywhere that I can find.
Is there a preferred way to clean off the spamassassin installation and then reinstall it?
Thanks,
Dave

Just to update, I have managed to uninstall and then re-install from the Plesk add/remove product components on the home page.
I also had to do some cleaning up of various folders which still were lying around after the uninstall. I initially backed up and then removed anything with 'spamassassin' in the folder or file name. This lead to a few issues as it appears that some of the files must be part of the Plesk system relating to spamassassin so I slowly added backed up folders back onto the VPS and it all appears to work again now.

I have however noticed that when I run sa-update from C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\bin\ it recreates the old folder structure as this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\Perl\site\var\spamassassin\3.003002\ and updates the folder updates_spamassassin.org. It does not update the new folder structure of C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\SpamAssassin\var\spamassassin\3.004001\

Is there a way to change the location that sa-update saves the updated definitions to the 3.004001 folder rather than the 3.003002 folder?

Back