• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SpamExperts Email Security - it seems not to work

Lakenet

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have installed SpamExpert, with the relative configurations.
I have enabled a domain, and this is "protected" by the check provided in the appropriate page of the domains list.

Despite this, it doesn't always work. The logs do not report any activity and the spam mails continue to arrive, I do not find any Spamexpert signature in the headers.

I also tried restarting Plesk, without success.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Tks,
Giovanni

When using the inbound spamfilter of SpamExperts emails for a domain get routed trough their network. For this the MX DNS records for a domain need to point to SpamExperts. The SpamExperts Extension for Plesk automatically configures the necessary MX records when you enable/secure a domain with SpamExperts. However this only works if you manage your DNS directly trough Plesk.

If you use an external DNS you'll have to setup the MX records manually.

So first thing you'll have to check is what MX records are currently used for your domain.

Ok thanks, I didn't understand how SpamExpert works. I have configured our DNS and actually now the mails transit, We will see the effective functioning with spam mails in these days.
Is it advisable to disable spamassasin?

Thank you very much.

You can use both Spamassasin and SpamExperts, they don't conflict with each other. But if your happy with the results of SpamExperts you can disable Spamassasin. It's up to you :)

Last edited:
Back