• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPDY Nginx - Plesk 12

Mo_Justice

New Pleskian
Hello Everyone,

i have installes SPDY manualley and its working, but in a while plesk overrides my conf:

/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/YOURDOMAINNAME.conf

listen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:443 default_server ssl;

TO

listen xxxxxxxxxxx:443 default_server ssl SPDY;

After a while plesk overwrites it to the default.

any idea on how to fix this?

thank you

Hello,

thank you for your fast replay!
i really dont get it. the files in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/ are php based and i am not used to it.

or do i just create a mydonain.conf there and thats all?

thanks

Its pretty easy to configure some additional configuration for specific configuration - files, Mo_Justice. Just follow these steps:

First, create a "custom" folder inside "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/"
Code:
mkdir /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom

Second, copy these files to the newly created custom folder, which you would modify with your own special setting:
For example:
Code:
cp /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginxWebmailPartial.php /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/

I don't give you a full list, of all needed nginx - files for your desired modification, because I think that you are able to investigate yourself, WHICH nginx - files have to be copied from the "default" folder. If there is a line inside a template like:
PHP:
listen <?php echo $ipAddress->escapedAddress . ':' . $OPT['frontendPort'] . ($OPT['ssl'] ? ' ssl' : '') ?>;
and it is named with "nginx" - it has to be copied over to the "custom" folder, so you can modify it. Be aware to keep the path... so if a file is located at ".../default/domain/..." is has to be copied to ".../custom/domain/..."

Third, after you copied over all needed templates, you then open each file in "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/" and search for the line:
PHP:
listen <?php echo $ipAddress->escapedAddress . ':' . $OPT['frontendPort'] . ($OPT['ssl'] ? ' ssl' : '') ?>;
and modify this line to:
PHP:
listen <?php echo $ipAddress->escapedAddress . ':' . $OPT['frontendPort'] . ($OPT['ssl'] ? ' ssl' : '') ?>SPDY;

Fourth ( and you are nearly done now ^^ ), you have to run the command:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Fifth, well... you just have to restart NGINX now, with the command:
service nginx restart

Finally, I just want to mention that you may certainly skip all the copies and you certainly may edit the default templates as well, but be aware that Plesk will do updates/upgrades/patches in the future and then all your changes will be lost, because Plesk might overwrite the default templates. Plesk itself never touches "custom" directives.

Hello,

that sound great! thank you very mich for your time!

i will give it a try and will give you my feedback!

mo

Hi,

amazing! its working .... also had to create an folder after /custom with the name domain, because this was also under /defaults.

thank you very much for your fast help

Back