• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

jacquesmjulie

New Pleskian
Hey all!

I have been back and forth on this forum and many others for the past week trying to find a solution to the following problem. I am facing an issue where Speed Kit is being blocked and is unable to process POST requests. I have checked Imunify 360 as well as Fail2Ban and Modsecurity and there are no blacklisting or IP addresses being blocked for Baqend. Baqend request we whitelist a set of IPs too and I have done that.

I have contacted Speed Kit support directly and they accessed my server to try resolve the issue only to mail me later the same day informing me that the Issue lays somewhere with Nginx or Apache and there's nothing they can do. I've been forced to deactivate Nginx completely as well because I was being blocked from running PageSpeed with a similar error where my homepage was unreachable but only on one of my domains.

The error I have receive when trying to run a test on a new domain using Speed Kit is as follows:

The task "ext-baqend -baqend\pleskextension\speedkit\task\bulktesttask" has failed.
  • Cannot send request because of Baqend\SDK\Exception\RequestException: Error sending POST /v1/code/pleskBulkComparison: Unable to Connect to ssl://makefast.app.baqend.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out
Now the strange thing is that this worked for a brief period (10 minutes) after completely deactivating and uninstalling Nginx allowing me to connect 1 of my 10 domains to Speed Kit but then failed shortly after.

My question is what would be blocking ssl://makefast.app.baqend.com:443? How can I see what is keeping me from connecting or listening to the ssl link above?

Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dedicated Root Server EX52-NVMe
  • Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Hexa-Core Coffee Lake
  • 128 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 2 x 1 TB NVMe SSD (Software-RAID 1)

Please let me know if any other information is needed. I have above basic knowledge as far as Plesk goes so it is all a learning process for me.

Last edited:
To anybody else facing this issue, I have resolved it. Turns out Plesk needed ports opened. I used this tutorial (>HERE< Plesk Forum) and I changed ports from 8443 to 443 and ports 8880 to port 8080 and all seems to be working perfectly. See the following:

1. Connect to the Plesk server via SSH
  2. Check the status of port 443:
    1. # iptables -nL | grep 443
    2. # yum install -y iptables-services
    3. # systemctl enable iptables-service (This didn't work for me so I used the command '# systemctl start iptables' instead.)
  3. Allow incoming connections to port 443/8080:
    1. # iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport=443 -j ACCEPT
    2. # iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport=8080 -j ACCEPT
    3. # service iptables save
    4. # service iptables restart
Could somebody please confirm that the above method is safe?

Last edited:
No, this is not viable. Stick with port 8443. It is important to make a difference between 443 for the websites hosted on the system and the Plesk web server on port 8443.

From what I see of the error message, it's having trouble with outgoing connections. Are you able to curl that url?

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback @Peter Debik noted! I've reverted and will keep the 8443.

@john0001 thanks for the reply. I get an error... So just to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

# curl makefast.app.baqend.com:443
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

I am able to # curl makefast.app.baqend.com without issue. Seems port 443 is blocked. Firewall allows all and the issue seems to be with either Nginx or Apache. When restarting them and then restarting the server all works well for a short period but after a half hour or so it's then blocked again

Last edited:
That works...

I get a message within Wordpress saying that the IP address is blocked but I have whitelisted all IPs on Firewall and on IMUNIFY 360. Puzzling as to what might be blocking the IP...
Did you find a solution? Im having the same issue.

I've submitted a ticket support to Speedkit but they don't cant seem to fixed it either or really know whats wrong.

Back