• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPF rules for domains which dont provide them.

S

seanstephens

Hello To All,

I have a little problem, which I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am new to this whole SPF concept, so please correct me if I am incorrect.

I have a client who has an email address setup on my server, which forwards to another email address on another network (which I dont control).

He is complaining that it takes over an hour for any email to get to him. When I look in the mail queue I can see the messages that he is waiting for in the queue. But they have this line added to them:

Received-SPF: none (mydomain.com: domain at anotherdomain.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) .

Now I am going to assume, that this is what is causing the delay. Can anybody confirm this?

Also after reading through some docs on SPF I know that you can setup rules for domains which do not provide an SPF record, which again I am assuming is the problem (Received-SPF: none).

What do I need to add there to allow emails to be forwarded to that domain?

Thanks in advance.

Back