1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SPF rules for domains which dont provide them.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by seanstephens, Jan 17, 2007.

1. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

Hello To All,

I have a little problem, which I hope somebody can shed some light on. I am new to this whole SPF concept, so please correct me if I am incorrect.

I have a client who has an email address setup on my server, which forwards to another email address on another network (which I dont control).

He is complaining that it takes over an hour for any email to get to him. When I look in the mail queue I can see the messages that he is waiting for in the queue. But they have this line added to them:

Received-SPF: none (mydomain.com: domain at anotherdomain.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) .

Now I am going to assume, that this is what is causing the delay. Can anybody confirm this?

Also after reading through some docs on SPF I know that you can setup rules for domains which do not provide an SPF record, which again I am assuming is the problem (Received-SPF: none).

What do I need to add there to allow emails to be forwarded to that domain?

Thanks in advance.

2. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

BUMP!

Anybody?