1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SPF spam protection

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by sackerman, May 19, 2005.

1. sackerman

sackerman Guest

Does the Plesk email system support SPF records? I'd like to set this up but I am not sure if it will work with this qmail setup...

Thanks,
    Steve

2. poke

poke Guest

Yes it is supported.

go here to create the spf record:
    http://spf.pobox.com

copy the result as a txt record in your DNS for each domain. Don't forget to leave out the " from the beginning and end.

Hope this helps,
    poke

3. wmchurch

wmchurch Guest

DNS supports it, however does qmail support filtering based on SPF? I check the man page for qmail-control and I didn't see any of the spf parameters in there like spfbehavior, etc...

Admitedly I'm a qmail newbie, I've primarily used Postfix for the past 5 years.

-Bill

4. PSi_101

PSi_101 Regular Pleskian

57%
    The reply I got from tech support was that it will be implemented in 7.5.5 which is scheduled for release in August.

5. poke

poke Guest

So we're gonna go all the way to 7.5.5 huh.... :D

I don't mind i guess, Expand 1.1 and SB 2.0 have worked out nicely for me so far! SW-Soft is on the right track now!