• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQL 2005 problems with 7.5.5 update

R

Redah

We recently migrated to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and were glad to see that it worked like a charm in Plesk 7.5.4.

Plesk recognised it as SQL Server 9.0, and when entering the sa password in the 'Server' > 'Databases' page, a connection was made.

We then upgraded to Plesk 7.5.5 this night, and we found out that Plesk fails to connect to SQL Server 2005 with the following error:

"Unable to update database parameters: Try to establish connection failed: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

The password has definately not changed, how can this be?

try to set connection in Plesk CP

follow: CP->Server->Databases-> Microsoft SQL Server tab.
Enter following information:
1. Host
2. Login (sa)
3.Password

Help me

Hi,
I am with this same problem,
But I am not finding where to arrange that,
Please, does anybody can me to help?

The only way to fix this is to uninstall SQL Server 2005, and then re-install it. Ofcourse I had already entered the sa login and password, if I hadn't, it wouldn't have worked under 7.5.4 either :)

After re-installing, Plesk will work fine with it. Somehow it messes something up with the dll files SQL Server uses... only way to get them back is to re-install SQL Server 2005.

Back