• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQL License

M

midosm

How do you enable the SQL Lincese? I have a licensed version of SQL server on my server, but still can't work with it in the Plesk interface.

Did you purchase the add-on from Plesk, also was SQL Server installed prior to the installation of Plesk on the server?

I did not realize there was an add-on. Where can I find that info?

My FP sites also seem like the extensions are not installed, do you have to do that manually in IIS?

Have you used 7.0 Beta for Windows? I am considering it, what do you think?

I have not had much luck with control panels. They seem good in theory, but all I have used seem buggy.

Head on over to sw-soft.com it is in the add-ons section, I believe it is $50 for the SQL Server add on,there are others for Tomcat as well. Do a search on the FP Extensions here, I remember someone posting instructions.

Thankfully Plesk is pretty much perfect, no real bugs or issues to speak of, runs as smoothly as my 86 Pinto. You're going to come across a lot of little issues, and a few major ones (Do a search for Server MapPath(). )

Originally posted by midosm
I did not realize there was an add-on. Where can I find that info?

My FP sites also seem like the extensions are not installed, do you have to do that manually in IIS?

Have you used 7.0 Beta for Windows? I am considering it, what do you think?

I have not had much luck with control panels. They seem good in theory, but all I have used seem buggy.

I am testing this on a machine here to work through such issues as we run a network of about 50 sites and we cannot have poor performance. I would like to turn over some of teh control to the clients, but can't risk things not working right.

Back