• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQL Server Express 2005 Not Working

W

webhostheaven

Hello,
I just installed SQL Server Express 2005 fresh (no MSDE) - Plesk does not recognize it under Components Management. When I go to System->Databases and try to put in the host information manually, it does not connect either. However, using SQL Express Connection Tools, I am able to connect to the database with the sa password without a problem. How can I get Plesk to recognize my install of SQL Server Express 2005?

If anybody runs into the same problem, this is how I fixed it: uninstall SQL 2005, install MSDE, configure it to work with Plesk to make sure everything is working OK. Uninstall MSDE. Reinstall SQL 2005, (I made sure it ran under Default Instance rather than SQLExpress), configure tcp/ip for sql server 2005 express and you should be good.

You should specify instance name for Plesk > Server > Services > Databases > Microsoft SQL Server > Server name. SQL Express instance is "sqlexpress" by default. You may type ".\sqlexpress" in Server name.

Is there any hope that SQL Server 2005 will actually be fully supported? Right now it is only semi-sort of supported.

The permissions need to be set up so that the IIS instance can mount and dismount databases under SQL Server and Express the right way - allowing for .NET 2.0 development int he pattern Microsoft reccomends.

My other (ignored) post on the topic.
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30397

Back