• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSH / Git Auth failure

Simon Jones

New Pleskian
Hi,

Hoping for a few pointers really. I have a VPS, was installed at Deb 8 and upgraded to 9 (with Plesk already installed), I think Plesk is ok as i ran the repair and nothing comes back as failed.

I've gone to try and use git but kept getting authentication fails, so i've made a change to allow SSH logins to try and track down the problem but the only login that works over ssh is the root login.

Am guessing this is a PAM issue but i've never had this before, i've checked /etc/passwd and the shell is set, and /etc/shadow contains a password, all the journal log shows is

Jul 24 21:38:25 vps1 sshd[20838]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=87.75.109.178 user=*********** (starred out by me)

Where do i need to look on this?

Thanks,

Simon

As far as I know, dist-upgrade from Debian8 to Debian9 is not supported by Plesk Dist-Upgrade Support
Thus, you do this at your own risk and have to understand that various unpleasant consequences are possible.

Back