• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SSH] Limited access, no commands

J

JakubP

Hello, everyone!

I have a following problem, I have a hosting with Parallels Panel 10.4.4 and one domain.
I installed Coppermine Photo Gallery there and I need to use ImageMagick image processing engine, instead of standard GD2.

Here's the problem, how to exactly install it?
I tried using SSH, in Web Hosting Access I chose bin/bash (chrooted) as the default SSH access, but when logging in through Putty I can't do it due to absence of most important commands (particularly yum, rpm, wget)... How to deal with it? How to enable them, install manually, or... I'm newbie when it comes to Linux terminal administration, I just want to have this ImageMagick installed. Is it some easier way than doing it through SSH? What am I doing wrong?

Have a nice day and looking forward to soon response!
Jim

Typically you'd install imagemagick server wide, so you would login as root then install it rather than try to login as a customer.

But as far as I'm aware, Coppermine doesn't need ImageMagick and is quite happy with GD2.
Installing ImageMagick gives you yet another thing that you'll need to keep an eye on manually to check for updates and vulnerabilities.

Thanks for the response!

I get that, I just need ImageMagick. :p GD2 is fine, but still, I require ImageMagick.

So, how do I login as root? How to install this "server-wide"?

You'd just connect to the ip of your server via ssh and enter root as the username and the appropriate password.

(Note that allowing direct root logins to your server, and using passwords rather than keys , is not really secure)

As for installing it...I can't help you with that. I've not looked into this for over 8 years. I'm sure things have changes since then!

I did find this for you, but I don't know if it is approrpriate to your situation: http://www.php.net/manual/en/imagick.setup.php

Back