• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ssh ?

E

emsol

Quoting from this website...

http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/pleskwin/features/

Says that...

Service plan management...
Choose different security options during site creation (allowing SSH access, scripting, allow scripting to webusers)

Remote access options...
Supports SSH, provides shell access control and various shells

Can anyone help me find these options ? I need to provide ssh access for a customer but I cant see how !

emsol,

Go to the Clients Domain in Plesk and click on the Setup icon located in the Hosting section on the right pane of Plesk.

You have an option there called "System Access" select "login enabled" from the drop down selection box and click on Update.

Click on the Help link located on the left pane of that page for additional info!

I have never used this feature but as far as I know is the only place where you can enable system access!

Also that same page is where you enable the scripting for the site. (Ex: ASP, PHP, SSI, CGI)

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Thanks Ricardo,

I am unable to connect to the server on port 22 or 23 - what exactly does "enable system access" actually do ?

What do I need to do outside of plesk to allow for ssh access ?

Which username / password should be used - the same as FTP ?

I'm finding that any time I have done anything outside of plesk, on the server to configure something - it has caused some problem with plesk - yet there isnt sufficient documentation on this site to help me acheive what I want.

Its fine for sw-soft to advertise all these amazing features - but if they dont tell us how to set them up in their documentation we are unable to make use of them.

Because plesk seems so "sensitive" to its environment - im reluctant to do anything without double checking first.

emsol,

Unfortunately the only information available for "enable system access" is this:

Choose whether to allow the System access by selecting from the drop-down list. "Login Disabled" option - prohibits access, which is more preferable as it helps to alleviate security problems. Note that allowing system access is highly dangerous for the system security. Allow access to the system only if you clearly understand what you are doing, and only to trusted users. To ensure that users are able to login to system, you should also make sure that Terminal and Telnet services are configured appropriately.

If you can't connect using port Telnet (port 23) check this:
1. Make sure that port 23 is open on your server and client Firewalls
2. Also on the Windows Server under administrative tools go to services and double click the "Telnet" line. Make sure you select for "Automatic" for Startup Type and click the Start button to start the services. That should do it...

I don't think SSH (port 22) is available under Windows operating system I think that applies only to their Linux version...

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

It can be port 22 if you are using an external program to run SSH

By default windows runs Telnet only.

Back