• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL certificate CSR not supplied

stefanoostwegel

Basic Pleskian
On my panel i installed a Positive SSL certificate for Domain validation.
I use it to secure my Panel, wich works absolutly fine.
I installed it in admin panel in tools->certificates and replaced the panels default certificate.
The domain i use to host the panel on, is also added as a regular domain so i can use it to host a website and use email services.
I had to install the same certificate again on the manually added domain.
I did, i succeded.
Almost..
The CSR part seems not to be supplied.
How could i make this certificate work for my domain?
Is there a way to use the certificate that already works fine for the panel?

For any of you who bother, i did the following.
I created the SSL certificate to secure my panel, the way you should do this.
Tools -> ssl certificate, new, secure panel
This result in an error 'csr incorrect'. It seems that this is a bug, it is correct.
Then when i go to webspaces to the same domain i create another ssl certificate.
Howover, i use everything the same ecpet for the csr part.
Then it says everything is create, but csr component is missing!
Dont bother, you wont need the csr component here, only to create a new certificate!
The you can click on the domain name, for the domain options, and select the ssl certificate.
Now everything is fine!

I have the reverse problem. I am attempting to secure my panel with the same certificate that I secured my domain name with. When I select the certificate and click on Secure the Panel, the panel restarts, but after restarting it's still unsecured. Do I have to buy a separate certificate to secure the panel?

Back