• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL Certificate for specific Domain not used

Lord_st_john

New Pleskian
I've uploaded a new certificate on Plesk 12.5 for a domain, but seems the default certificate is used.

I Generated the request certificate with the private key on the Plesk Server. This private key has been used to request an Alpha SSL certificate.

When I received the certificate, I copy/pasted the Certificate + the CA certificate in the correct fields.

When I check the SSL validity with https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ I see the Plesk certificate and not alpha certificate I uploaded.

Any Idea ?

Thank's

Where did you install the SSL Certificate?

Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates

or

Domains > yourdomain.tld > SSL Certificates

Let me know and I'll do what I can.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

The certificate has been installed under Domain/mydomain.com/SSL Certificate.
After that, I selected the Certificate in the Hosting settings.

To be sure I restarted apache services under SSH.

I checked under SSH the config files under /var/www/vhosting/system/mydomain.com/conf/conf.d it look like the change has been made (date/time comparaison of conf.d and also the date/time of the ssl files creation).

The file in reference for SSLCertificate contains the RSA Private Key, The Certificate and the The CA certificate.
The file in reference for SSLCACertificate contains the CA Certificate.

Thanks Lloyd for your help.

André LAGUERRE

Hi Andre,
Can you log in via ssh and run...
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

That should help.

Depending on your setup you can also install the certificate in...

Tools & Settins > SSL Certificates

And set as default, and to Secure Plesk.
Then go to...

Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > Click on your domains IP

And make sure your domain and certificate are selected in the dropdown menus.

Hopefully one of those will fix the issue.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

I run the command, unfortunately, the same error :

Certificate Error
There are issues with the site's certificate chain (net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID).

Y display the value of the certificate :

Plesk
Self signed certificate

André.

Hi Andre,

what certificates have you added in the "CA certificate (*-ca.crt)" text box?
This should contain just the AlphaSign Intermediate as the clients connecting will already have the Root CA in their own store.

And just to be sure what have you put in the "Certificate (*.crt) *" text box?
It should just contain the actual certificate domain.crt for example.

I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

For sure, I only added the certificate alone in each text boxes, with lines ---- BEGIN to the End ---- and respectively the CA in his respective zone.

I also tried earlier by uploading TXT files containing the certificats, it was the same case.

Best Regards,

André

Hi, time past so fast, I didn't had time to investigate more on this case. Now I tried another thing.

Using "Tools & settings" > "SSL Certificates", I uploaded my certificate with the Private Key, the Certificate and the CA Certificate. And Making this Certificate as "Default" Certificate on My server.

The check under https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ is OK.

But now if I want to host another domain on my server, it would be impossible to manage 2 SSL certificate in this case, the certificate uploaded under "Domains" > mydomain.com > "SSL certificate" are not taken in care.

How to correct this.

Best regards.

André.

Back