• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL certificate is not working. Shared IP issue?

A

arqadia

Hi

We have 2 domains running on a single IP. We use Plesk 8.1.1 and VPS.
We had a SSL certificate that recently expired on one domain, so I ordered another one and installed it to the domain according to the instructions.
But the web site still shows the old certificate, and hence, gives security warnings to browsers, as the certificate has expired.
On the installation notes for installing the Certificate via Plesk, it mentions that if you are on shared hosting (a shared IP) then the certificate will not work because SSL requires a single IP, but the certificate HAS been working for a year, I just can't work out how.
Shared SSL is enabled and I've left the settings exactly as they were.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Thanks

Fixed it!

OK, after 2 days of messing about, calls and e-mails to the ISP and Comodo, I fixed it myself with the help of another thread on this forum.

Here was my solution:
From the plesk control panel
Clients>my name>IP Pool>IP address>Choose certificate.
The certificate selected in the drop down list looked like the right one but it said 'Administrators repository' but there was another entry in the dropdown list which I knew was the correct one ('Domain repository') so I chose that one instead and now all is working!

Yippee!! I can stop banging my head against the wall!

Back