• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL certificate not showing in SSL certificate list

qnet

Basic Pleskian
I had a web site using a shared IP address. We wanted to add an SSL certificate to it. Since SNI doesn't appear ready for prime time, we wanted to put this site on its own IP address.

We installed the new certificate using the domain's control panel, then went into the administrative panel and changed the domain's IP address from the shared address to a dedicated IP address.

The problem is, the domain's SSL certificate doesn't appear in the list of available SSL certificates for the IP address, so there doesn't appear to be a way to assign this SSL certificate to the IP address.

This is the first site we've done where it started out on a shared IP address and was later switched to a dedicated IP address.

The IP address management doesn't appear to be able to see the per-domain SSL certificates.

How do I get this SSL certificate assigned to the dedicated IP address?

Do I have to put this SSL certificate in the global certificate store?

It appears that setting the "default site" for the IP address corrects the problem, even though the "SSL certificate" selection is the wrong SSL certificate. The SSL information contained in the default site must trump the default SSL certificate selection.

Back