• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL Certificate renewal problem

ronron

New Pleskian
Hello at all,

I've got the following Problem: I have a domain called sub.domain.com with an SSL Certificate. This certificate was running out so I have to renew it. This was done but there was a problem with the certificate so I had to create a new certificate with private and public key. In Plesk (sub.domain.com -> SSL certifikates) I deleted the old cert and created the new one. So far everything is fine.

And now my Question: How can I assign this new cert to my exclusive used IP-Address in PLESK with an still assigned cert? On the IP-Address-Administration site for this IP-Address, I only can see my old cert in the drop down menu for SSL certificates. There is no possibility to select and assign my new cert. What's wrong there?
I restarted apache and also plesk itself. Nothing works.

Supportes from 1&1 cant help here. I still asked them but they told me, that everything is installed correctly and it must be a PLESK problem.

My PLESK: 9.5.1 on SuSE 11

Hope that someone can help.

best regards

Ronald

Hello IgorG,

thank's for your reply. Your second link helped me to found the solution:
The answer is, to create my new cert under settings -> ssl certificates and not under domains -> sub.domain.com -> ssl certificates. Now I was able to assign the new cert to my IP address and now it works fine.

But why can I create a new cert under domains -> sub.domain.com -> ssl certificates, if I cant use or assign it?
Is it a design-mistake or for what reason can I do that there?

Thanks

Ronald

Back