• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSL Certificate urgent issue with timezones

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

SSL Certificate urgent issue with timezones

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I am from Europe and currently on vacation in South America and have come across the following serious issue:

Today the certificate was renewed for many domains using Let`s Encrypt. My server is located in Europe and there the certificate was issued.

But I am now in South America and ~8 hours behind the European time and can not get to my website because Firefox tells me the page is insecure and Chrome kindly says here the correct error, my time is behind the certificate.

I noticed this because my notebook still has my home date and time and the website works there, but on my smartphone, which has the local time, it does not.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

See Image from notebook (Chrome):

image.png

In Europe it is now 16:20 and in south america it is 08:20 (am). Image from smartphone with local date and time:

image.png

ACTUAL RESULT

Website unavailable for many hours if not appropriate time zone after certificate renew.

EXPECTED RESULT

Website must always be available, no matter what time zone!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Sorry, I was too fast, I just see that I have set the time on my smartphone without get automatic time zone and that is the reason for the problem.

I had done that because there were problems here in the WLAN, which had used their system the wrong time zone and my clock had constantly adjusted with another WLAN.

This ticket is wrong, please close or delete.

Back