• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSL certificates not selectable

John Weng

New Pleskian
I installed three new Incommon wildcard SSL certificates on Plesk 12.5, in addition to one we've used for the past nine months.

ssl_certs.png

Plesk appears to accept the new certificates, but they don't appear under Hosting Setting => Security, not even after restarting the server. Only "Not selected" and the old cert shows.

ssl_certs_not_showing.png

I've tried changing the default cert to one of the new ones I install, only then I see it under Hosting Settings.
changed_default_cert.png

If I change the default cert back to the old cert (Partners), then it's back to the old Partners only selection. The other new certs are recognized by the browser properly, just won't show under Plesk...

Please help!

Thanks,
John

Hello !

At first : I'm a beginner ... :D

I add my certificates at " Websites & Domains " for the relevant domain ...
... and than I can select it at " Hosting Settings ".

I don't now 100%, but it could be possible, that under Plesk 12.0, I add them only
under " Tools & Settings " --> SSL Certificates . In the main section ...

I hope this helps ... ;)

Bye, MartinB

Thanks, MartinB. I'm not having problems installing the certs. I just can't get them to show under Hosting Settings, unless the new certs are set as the default (Server Management => Tools & Settings => SSL Certificates). Once I've set a new cert as default, it can then be selected under individual domain's Hosting Settings.

The same certs work fine if I manually install them under Hosting Services => Domains => SSL Certificates, then select from Hosting Settings...

Ideas anyone?

Hello !

At first : I'm a beginner ... :D

I add my certificates at " Websites & Domains " for the relevant domain ...
... and than I can select it at " Hosting Settings ".

I don't now 100%, but it could be possible, that under Plesk 12.0, I add them only
under " Tools & Settings " --> SSL Certificates . In the main section ...

I hope this helps ... ;)

Bye, MartinB

Hi John Weng,

the "default" certificate for each server IP can be setup at: Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses

If you install several other certificates over the Plesk Control at "Home > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates", be informed, that these certificates belong to the "Administrator repository". Subscriptions which do not belong to the "Administrator" are not able to choose these additional certificates in your domain specific hosting settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back