• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL domain name mismatch

DavidBWieler

New Pleskian
Hey guys, need a hand here please.
I purchased a quick SSL from GoDaddy, but I'm having problems with it.
I've installed in correctly, and it works great on every browser except IE.
In IE, I get a:

Server Certificate Verification Failed
The following error has occured: "Common name mismatch 'Parallels Panel' != 'domain.com', self signed certificate (depth = 0)"

I've installed the cert under the domain, so it's specific to that domain, but it looks like it's trying to load the default cert that comes with the panel. I've since deleted that one, but it doesn't ever resolve when using IE.

There are a few other domains being hosted one the same server. Does that have anything to do with it?
Why would it work in everything except IE?

It is a strange issue...

It seems you have purchased a self-signed certificate or you have an old certificate installed in IE for that domain.

Did you try to delete the SSL Cache? (Go to Internet Options, Content, Delete SSL Cache)

Could you provide the domain name?

@DavidBWieler

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Have you been able to resolve your SSL concerns? If not I would be more than happy to look into this further. Please feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Back