• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL for single domain mail

Tsi-Shawn

Basic Pleskian
Good morning,

I am running OS CentOS 6.7 (Final) Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #78, and I have an SSL that was used to secure the panel set in postfix. It is generating errors for people because of the mismatch name. Is there a way for a customer to purchase his own SSL and apply it to his domain for mail alone?

So mail.logisticssoftware.com needs to be secured in mail. I can create a CSR for that domain but where do I set it in postfix to use that cert for that domain only and a different one for a different domain?

Hi Tsi-Shawn,

Have a read of the docs here...

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/ad...-for-qmail-or-courierimap-mail-servers.60162/

Note: Missing Dovecot and Postfix certificate paths.

Postfix: /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem
Dovecot: /etc/dovecot/private/ssl-cert-and-key.pem

Basically download/copy and paste the certificate parts from the panel and combine into a .pem file, and upload replacing the current .pem files.
I hope that helps
Regards

Lloyd

Thanks I have done that which is why people get a name mismatch because each domain sends and receives mail with mail.<domainname> and I have the cert that was created for the server, not an individual domain. Securing the path you suggested would work for the one guy that has an SSL but not for the other 200 domains trying to use that main postfix path. Again, I have a customer trying to get his own SSL to secure just his mail. Can he do so while NOT using the mail SSL for postfix? How can each domain using mail.<domainname> secure their email with a proper certificate?

While it has been working and customers just need to say yes trust this cert some people keep getting the pop up because of mail programs not remembering that the name mismatch is ok.

@Tsi-Shawn

Unfortunately I don't think Plesk supports multiple SSL certificates for mail services.

I'd recommend having your clients use the servers hostname to avoid SSL warnings.

Back