• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL not showing

Angelluc

New Pleskian
Hello,

Today I made a fresh install on my server with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit + Plesk Onyx. I could easily create SSL certificates with Lets Encrypt, everything gives green light, but non of the domains has the SSL icon in the browser, all get "insecure". I have researched but don't understand it.
Domain: duovoorkids.nl i.e.

Can someone give an insight?

Secondlly I got the error below if I want to secure the server. I suppose that all the servers created in the hosting company have the same ending. So probably I have to contact them?
Fout: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for hxxx.stratoserver.net.

The "Certificates per Registered Domain" rate limit has been exceeded for hxxx.stratoserver.net. Let's Encrypt allows no more than 20 certificates to be issued per registered domain, per week.
See the related Knowledge Base article for details.
Details
Invalid response from https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-cert.
Details:
Type: urn:acme:error:rateLimited
Detail: Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: stratoserver.net

but non of the domains has the SSL icon in the browser, all get "insecure". I have researched but don't understand it.
Domain: duovoorkids.nl i.e.
If you go to Duo voor Kids you will see correct LE certificate there. Maybe you need to enable HTTP to HTTPS redirection in Hosting Settings of this subscription?

The "Certificates per Registered Domain" rate limit has been exceeded for hxxx.stratoserver.net. Let's Encrypt allows no more than 20 certificates to be issued per registered domain, per week.
You can find explanation of this issue in this KB article Unable to install a Let's Encrypt certificate: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains

Oh interesting now indeed it worked, but for Firefox I had to do your suggestion to enable HTTP to HTTPS. Was forgotten that for some domains. Thanks that helps a lot. There is still a little issue that with some domains if I type without the www. than in Firefox it says not encrypted, but others are automatically transformed to https and are stated as encrypted though I have the same installation for each one. For each domain the preference for www. or without www is set to no preference. So it seems not all HTTP to HTTPS redirections seem to work 100%. So the Duo voor Kids works fine both ways, but for angelluc.info it doesn't.

The article about too many certificates issued I had read already, but I didn't install any and requested only twice with the given error, so I still believe it has to do with the hosting company giving all VPS's the same ending xxx.stratoserver.net so when each VPS server does a request there will be too many.

Well it is not possible to change the name of the server and so I have to try every week to be one of the first when the rate is reset.

Back