• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL smtp certificate

EvolutionCrazy

Basic Pleskian
I've generated my self signed certificates using

/usr/lib/courier-imap/share/mkpop3dcert
/usr/lib/courier-imap/share/mkimapdcert

now pop3 SSL is working with the right certificate...

however SMPT SSL still work using the "plesk" certificate... the same one that is used for the ples admin interface (apparently)...

how can i change it?

i want a cert for the host: secure.mydomain.tld

to work for smtp, pop3, imap and also plesk admin interface... is possible?

what i've to change?

I think the easiest way would be to make sure the Primary IP of the server (eth0) has mydomain.tld set as the default domain for the IP.

Set your SSL cert as default for that IP as well. Qmail uses the first (eth0) IP of the server.

So there are multiple places where you will have to set your SSL Cert.

I'm very tired, so I hope I'm explaining this correctly.... :)

uhm..

i think i was tired too while writing that question :D

i've red some how-to and i've found that i was missing the "setup"...

i was thinking that after setting it as default plesk should take care of all the rest (https:// was working with the new certificate) but to get it working also for smtp and plesk panel you need to "setup" it :D

:/

today the problem reappeared...

i've deleted the plesk default certificate...

now plesk (admin interface) is working with my certificate, pop3s is working with the same one... but smtp use a cert signed for the host "plesk"

where can i find that damn certificate and replace it???

i do not have it anymore in plesk cert repository.... :mad:

hi about pop3s

hi: help

can you offer the config method for pop3s for plesk?
can you give me the detail step?

Thanks!
neo

Hello All

I use plesk 7.54 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.

I use 1 SSL cert for plesk control-panel, pop3s, imaps and smtps.

After generating the new certificate in the administrator repository. make it your default certificate and mark it again and press setup to install it on your plesk admin server on port 8443. then put the certificate at your main ip-adresse in your ip-pool(maybee this step is not necessary).

copy /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem
to
/usr/share/courier-imap/pop3d.pem, /usr/share/courier-imap/imapd.pem and /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

please have a look that the owner(very important) and the chmod rights are the same of pop3d.pem, imapd.pem and servercert.pem. like before otherwhise qmail will for example not work/start, because it can't read the file.

restart courier(imap,pop3) and qmail(smtp) in the plesk server service control panel.

after this plesk control-panel 8443, pop3s, imaps and smtps should work without warning messages and with only 1 ssl cert, if you use for all services the same main hostname.domain.com address like me.

(maybee you should also have a look, that the same hostname is configured in the qmail config file)

have fun and contact me if you need help.

cheeers
Allen Neeser

Back