• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL with shared IP

P

phirschybar

I have a shared IP on my server and I am trying to install an SSL certificate for a specific domain. I already have another SSL cert installed for another domain.

After installing, I am unable to change the cert for my domain (there is no drop-down to choose from in my domain > setup)

Is it possible to use multiple SSL certs on a server when using a shared IP? If not, do I have to buy another cert now (I am using a medium assurance, domain only validation cert)? If so, how can I do it? Do I have to install the cert server-level rather than domain?

You can only have one signed SSL cert per IP. There's no way around this.

****. so if I have already installed the cert and I get a new IP to use it on, is it possible to remove the cert and install in the new IP space or do I need a new cert?

I ask this because when I bought the cert I had to generate a key off of the server (which i am assuming, relied on the IP in some way)?

Originally posted by phirschybar
****. so if I have already installed the cert and I get a new IP to use it on, is it possible to remove the cert and install in the new IP space or do I need a new cert?

I ask this because when I bought the cert I had to generate a key off of the server (which i am assuming, relied on the IP in some way)?

I dont't think certs are tied to IPs, so there should be no problems using this cert for another IP and even recreating it in another domain repository or server repository.

Back