• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

SSL with shared IP

P

phirschybar

Guest
I have a shared IP on my server and I am trying to install an SSL certificate for a specific domain. I already have another SSL cert installed for another domain.

After installing, I am unable to change the cert for my domain (there is no drop-down to choose from in my domain > setup)

Is it possible to use multiple SSL certs on a server when using a shared IP? If not, do I have to buy another cert now (I am using a medium assurance, domain only validation cert)? If so, how can I do it? Do I have to install the cert server-level rather than domain?
 
You can only have one signed SSL cert per IP. There's no way around this.
 
****. so if I have already installed the cert and I get a new IP to use it on, is it possible to remove the cert and install in the new IP space or do I need a new cert?

I ask this because when I bought the cert I had to generate a key off of the server (which i am assuming, relied on the IP in some way)?
 
Originally posted by phirschybar
****. so if I have already installed the cert and I get a new IP to use it on, is it possible to remove the cert and install in the new IP space or do I need a new cert?

I ask this because when I bought the cert I had to generate a key off of the server (which i am assuming, relied on the IP in some way)?

I dont't think certs are tied to IPs, so there should be no problems using this cert for another IP and even recreating it in another domain repository or server repository.
 
Back
Top