1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Stange DNS Issue

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by MarlinT, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MarlinT

MarlinT Guest

Hello,

When attempting to make changes to a DNS zone on Plesk 9.5.2 on Windows 2008 R2 using Microsoft DNS.

When attempting to add an (A) DNS record...I get "Domain has no NS DNS record."

Then when attempting to update existing records....I get "unable to get record from other DNS zone"

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong..its created the records when I setup the domain just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    marlin

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. MarlinT

MarlinT Guest

That unfortunately didn't solve my problem.

Thanks though... I get an error inside plesk 9.5.2 that states "Domain has no NS DNS record" which it does...
    im stuck at what to try next!

4. MarlinT

MarlinT Guest

Resolved

So I figured out what it was!

I had the initial DNS settings incorrect and it wasn't setting NS records on the domain.

Plesk wont update records if no NS records are specified...Thanks for the help though!

-marlin