• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Starting Plesk Failed

S

Stephen_Davies

Last night I upgraded the version of Plesk from 9.3 to 9.5 and when the update was complete I was able to login to the plesk control panel. I have since tried to restart the plesk and I get back the messages

Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting postgresql service... not install ed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting Plesk... failed
Starting drwebd service... failed

When I check the /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log file I have the following entries,

2010-05-05 11:09:50: (log.c.75) server started
2010-05-05 11:09:50: (network.c.345) SSL: error:140E6118:SSL routines:SSL_CIPHER_PROCESS_RULESTR:invalid command

I have tried appling the rpm file for the openssl breaks plesk. http://kb.odin.com/en/8338 but to not avail.

Any help to resovle this is greatly appreciated.

IgorG thank you for your quick response.

The output to the commands are as follows.

rpm -q sw-cp-server
sw-cp-server-1.0-6.201004011432.fc11.i386
rpm -V sw-cp-server (did not give and result).

Stephen

What is version of openssl you have there? Do you have updated it with yum?

I am running OpenSSL 0.9.8n-fips 24 Mar 2010. I don't use yum I use vzpkg update.

Ok I have been looking into this further and the issue seems to be with starting the sw-cp-server itself. Does anyone know where is network.c file is located?

I have created a fresh plesk server using the same iamges as before but instead of upgrading I installed plesk9.5 from scratch and it starts without an issue. both are running fesora core 11.

Try to reinstall sw-cp-server rpm package with force.

IgorG

thank you for you suggestion. When I try to install the package using rpm -if sw-cp-server-1.0-6.201004011432.fc11.i386.rpm I get package is already installed.

Ok,

I have tried the --force command and this is what I got back.

[root@lx1 ~]# rpm -i --force sw-cp-server-1.0-6.201004011432.fc11.i386.rpm
Stoppping SWsoft control panels server... stale pidfile. [ OK ]
Starting SWsoft control panels server... stale pidfile. [FAILED]
warning: %post(sw-cp-server-1.0-6.201004011432.fc11.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255

Reading through some of the other forum posts I found if I comment out the reference to starting the plesk control panel on port 8443 it works.

Very strange and seems specific issue. I think that it is require detailed investigation directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team if it is really important for you. As you wrote before - fresh installation works fine for you.

The issue has been fixed in support ticket.

Corresponding article was created:

http://kb.odin.com/en/8522

In a nut shell - make sure that configuration file for SSL-secured connection is valid and cipher list is consistent (/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/cipher.lst)

Back