• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Statistics do not include external databases

Josh12

Basic Pleskian
The sql server I have my users use is on a different server from which plesk is installed. Plesk should include the size of the user's databases from the external server as well otherwise the user can have a database as large as he wants. It's no longer restricted by the plans limits.

Why hasn't this already been included? No one in their right mind will host their SQL databases on the same server as http. Now my users basically can get away with having a database as large as they want.
This seems like a huge over sight on the developers part here.

Hi Josh12,

the preview you see in the screen just point to some features, that now are implemented in Plesk Panel itself, instead of just using phpmyadmin or a terminal/console. These are not really new features, they are just implemented into the Panel in this preview. :)

As you can see there is PLANNED mark for this feature on Plesk uservoice. We will implement it but I have no any ETA.

Right. I will keep bumping this until the feature is implemented.
Until it is, I advise actually taking out the external database feature until it is implemented. There is no point in having it if you can't moderate how much data users are going to use.

Back