• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Statistics.exe not running and is 0 bytes

Carl79

New Pleskian
Hi,

Recently my statistics stopped updating, I tried to run manually but for some strange reason the statistics.exe files is 0 bytes in size.

My Plesk Onyx install is licensed and all up to date.

Running on Windows 2016, no other issues apart from this.

Could someone help? How could I get this file fixed and updated?

Thanks

As far as I remember statistics.exe is just dumb wrapper for calling php script with the same name. You can just copy file client_pref.exe to statistics.exe in the same folder. Make sure that client_pref.exe is not showing 0 bytes.

Ok, well I'm getting "0 MB 0 MB/month" for Disk Usage and Traffic on lots of domains, and it doesn't seem to be updating for others.

The scheduled task "Daily web statistics analyzers run task" is working.

If I run "C:\> "%plesk_bin%/statistics.exe" --calculate-all" as per How to recalculate statistics for a particular domain on Plesk? from command prompt I get:

"This app can't run on your PC
To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher"

Windows error message. See screen grab: See Screenshot 2

Running Windows Server 2016.

Any ideas? This is what lead me to check "statistics.exe" and make this post.

Seem to have exhausted my searching for answers, and it's been like it for several weeks now as wondered if an update might fix.

Thanks

I can only recommend creating a request to support team to do the in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at Plesk Help Center

I can only recommend creating a request to support team to do the in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it. Please create a ticket to support at Plesk Help Center

I did try but I have a license via a reseller so cannot submit support requests and was directed here or my reseller.

Do you know if this statistics.exe creates any log at all that I can look at?

There is only one non standard thing I did to my server which was I re-licensed the MS-SQL server from Express to Standard edition, but I can't see that causing the issue.

As it's not causing huge issues I may still wait to see if an update fixes this, failing that I can purchases Plesk support as it's not as expensive as I thought to subscribe to that.

Thanks

Apologies IgorG, I noticed my statistics.exe was still 0 and tried this again:

You can just copy file client_pref.exe to statistics.exe in the same folder. Make sure that client_pref.exe is not showing 0 bytes.

This time it worked, so it looks like that was the answer and this is fixed. Hopefully the schedule task will continue working now.

Thanks I will mark this as solved :)

Back