• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Stop Windows DNS Service Permanently !

E

emsol

In order for BIND to work, the windows DNS service must be disabled.

We have set this but if the server is rebooted, it starts itself even though set to "disabled".

Can anyone suggest why this happens and how to keep it disabled ?

As a side note: the DNS client is still running - can this be disabled also ? and might this be forcing the startup of the DNS service as a dependency ?

Edit... If the Plesk documentation was more thorough - I wouldnt need to ask these questions. There have been lots of things that are not mentioned in the documentation which are pre-requisits for plesk to work properly.

Is this a ploy to raise revenue through support subscriptions ?

How have you disabled it? through the services mmc console?

Other than that I'd suggest you simply uninstall it using add/remove programs in the control panel. Click on Windows Components and you'll find it in there.

DNS Client needs to remain running, this is what resolves/caches DNS requests made by the server (not to be confused with requests to the server).

perhaps you could uninstall windows DNS

perhaps you could uninstall windows DNS - in control panel - add remove windows components, i agree...

Back