• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Strange apache log

spip

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

For one day I have strange apache log :
- It's impossible to read them
- I can't see them in log file (in log file everything seems well). Only on screen
- The date and time are higher than the current date (some are tomorow date. We are currently the 2021-05-08)
- There are several log lines and always at the end of the list (only on screen)
- When I update the screen, the same log are still there but time and date have changed the previous ones have disappeared
I have Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

Thank you for your help
log1.PNGlog2.PNG

I would imagine it's a problem with the latest Plesk Update, since it seems to have all the sudden started happening for several people here.

EDITED -

Experiencing the same issue.

To me this seems to be happening after a Apache process gets Killed for some reason (eg - Server running out of memory)

You can remove the /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain_name>/access_ssl_log.processed files

Then it will solve the issue until the Apache process gets Killed again.

Last edited:
Hi,

We are facing the same issue, all httpd processes were killed and Apache stopped. The file var/www/vhosts/system/<domain_name>/access_ssl_log was found empty and has been deleted. Nginx is used instead of Apache, but we still notice the same strange characters at Plesk access and error logs.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-17 à 17.25.39.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-17 à 17.25.39.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran 2021-05-17 à 17.36.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-17 à 17.36.26.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 2
I suggest reporting this issue here Reports
I will forward it to developers for further investigation.

Experiencing the same issue.

To me this seems to be happening after a Apache process gets Killed for some reason (eg - Server running out of memory)

You can remove the /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain_name>/access_ssl_log

Then it will solve the issue until the Apache process gets Killed again.
Sorry, Let me correct this. You have to delete the /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain_name>/access_ssl_log.processed files.

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening yet.

Don't worry about it. I had a huge panic over it myself, thinking maybe there was disk corruption or something.

But all it is is the log viewer trying to display compressed logs (once that have been compressed by logrotate) as plain text.

It is a know bug and should be resolved shortly. In fact it may be resolved in .36 but I've not checked yet.

Back