• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange password problem. Hope someone can help.

matthewroscoe

New Pleskian
Hi,

We recently decided to reset all email users' passwords.

I used the: SELECT CONCAT_WS('@',mail.mail_name,domains.name),accounts.password FROM domains,mail,accounts WHERE domains.id=mail.dom_id AND accounts.id=mail.account_id ORDER BY domains.name ASC; MySQL command to list the original ones and used: update accounts set password = 'newpassword' to reset them all.

I reran the SELECT CONCAT_WS('@',mail.mail_name,domains.name),accounts.password FROM domains,mail,accounts WHERE domains.id=mail.dom_id AND accounts.id=mail.account_id ORDER BY domains.name ASC; and could see that all the passwords were now 'newpassword'.

However, nothing seemed to have changed for the users.

I ran: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view and it listed all the email accounts and passwords but they still had the original passwords.

Even stranger, I manually changed a password in the Plesk panel and when I checked in SQL the password had changed and was different from all the others.

I'm really confused here, if someone could tell me what's going on so I don't have to manually change over 200 passwords I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

Back