• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange QMail errors

E

Earendil

Since a couple of days these errors have been showing up in my maillog:

Oct 25 20:30:50 server1 qmail: 1130265050.866771 status: local 2/10 remote 0/20
Oct 25 20:30:50 server1 qmail: 1130265050.874048 delivery 3: deferral: Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0)/
Oct 25 20:30:50 server1 qmail: 1130265050.874082 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
Oct 25 20:30:50 server1 qmail: 1130265050.874311 delivery 4: deferral: Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0)/
Oct 25 20:30:50 server1 qmail: 1130265050.874335 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
Oct 25 20:31:23 server1 qmail: 1130265083.786665 status: exiting

This is on a CentOS 4.2 box (so basically RHEL4).
After I run a /usr/local/psa/bin/mchk it all works fine again, until a few hours later, when it starts all over again.
Does anyone have any idea?

Already reinstalled qmail by the way.

I checked it out, but it seems none of the users are using autoresponders.

If you can reproduce the error by sending a mail to one of the mail boxes - can you please post the .qmail file from that mail directory?

Just in time for another one to hang ;)

Code:
[root@server1 /]# cat /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.net/tanja/.qmail
| /usr/bin/odeiavir
| if [ -z "$SA" ]; then export SA=1; /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc -u [email][email protected][/email] -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock > spamcheck$$; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local "$USER" "$HOME" "$LOCAL" "" "" "$HOST" "$SENDER" "$DEFAULT" < spamcheck$$; retval=$?; rm -f spamcheck$$; [ $retval = 0 ] && exit 99; exit $retval; fi # ACCEPT UCE
| true
./Maildir/
[root@server1 /]#

I replaced the actual domain with domain.net

I should probably mention that after I run mchk again, the .qmail shows this:

Code:
| if [ -z "$SA" ]; then export SA=1; /usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc -u [email][email protected][/email] -U /tmp/spamd_full.sock > spamcheck$$; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-local "$USER" "$HOME" "$LOCAL" "" "" "$HOST" "$SENDER" "$DEFAULT" < spamcheck$$; retval=$?; rm -f spamcheck$$; [ $retval = 0 ] && exit 99; exit $retval; fi # ACCEPT UCE
| true
./Maildir/

Notice the absence of /usr/bin/odeiavir

I would recommend the following to find the problem:

- Try sending a mail yourself to that mailbox to see if the problem is persistent.

- Backup the .qmail

- Remove all lines from qmail and place the following inside:

| true
./Maildir/

- send another mail - when it gets delivered, add the lines from the backed up file one by one top down and checking always with a mail if it still works.

- tell us what happened :)

Seems like your antivirus kit is broken?!

Which one do you use?

Seems its either broken or (again) not working. (or simply the service stopped?)

A lot of my clients threw out DrWeb because of huge problems like the one you have now. SW-Soft never came with a working solution :(

All people I know changed to ClamAV + qmail-scanner. Works fast and reliable with Plesk...

If you don't trust freeware projects I recommend 4PSA virus scanner - they use f-prot. The product is called something like "4PSA clean server" or so...

Yup, it's definately DrWeb.
When I remove the line, email gets delivered, when it gets added... right, no mail.
Thanks for making me realise that :)

And you know what.. this is the only server that doesn't run 4PSA clean server - guess it's time to change that ;)

Back